|PULASKI COUNTY CIRCUIT COURTS - JUVENILE DIVISION
VOLUNTEER PROBATION OFFICER PROGRAM
Want to make a Difference in the lives of the youth in your community?
Become a Volunteer Probation Officer.
WHAT IS A VPO?
Being a VPO means giving of yourself to troubled youth in our community and receiving a true feeling of accomplishment. This is an opportunity to use your special talent to show a young person you care.
The mission of the Volunteer Probation Officer (VPO) Program is to provide juveniles with increased caring, one-on-one adult supervision in order to prevent future delinquency and to encourage positive, appropriate behaviors that will lead them successfully into adulthood.
Pulaski County seeks to carry out this mission by recruiting community volunteers to:
- Provide individualized supervision and counseling to a probationer.
- Make proper referrals to outside agencies to help probationers obtain treatment necessary for rehabilitation.
- Provide necessary family guidance.
- Provide motivation and educational experiences to probationers.
- Develop community awareness of juvenile justice issues.
- Must be 21 years of age
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work confidentially
- Ability to work with diverse populations
- No criminal convictions
- Volunteer’s own child not involved in Juvenile Justice System
To apply click the "Application Request" link below.
- Complete a 12 hour initial volunteer training
- One year commitment
- Participate in training sessions
- Devote a minimum of 1 hour per week to probationer